Dylon Fabric Dye - Jeans Blue
1. Weigh dry fabric, wash thoroughly. Leave damp.
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water.
3. Fill bowl/ Stainless steel sink with approx. 6 litres warm water (40° C).
4. Stir in 250g (10tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well.
5. Submerge fabric in water.
6. Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins.
7. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water & dry away from direct heat & sunlight.
- You will need 250g of ordinary salt.
- 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade.
- Suitable fabrics: Cotton, linen & viscose.
- Lighter shades will be achieved on wool, silk, polyester/cotton & polyester/viscose mixes.
- Not suitable: Pure polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes.
- Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye.
Please note: Colour mixing rules apply (e.g blue on red gives purple)